Who is Startuprad.io?
Startuprad.io is an English only startup podcast and YouTube blog – internally only called IO. IO was founded in 2014 by Jörn Menninger, as a spin-off of the – now defunct – podcast startupradio.de. As of January 2018 the podcast and YouTube blog is run by Jörn.
Startuprad.io still aims to bring you news, interviews and live events from the German startup scene in English. We try to give you in-depth insights into the minds of the movers and shakers of the German startup scene. We are especially aiming for people many don’t know yet.
We also provide you, as our listener, with regular news warp ups, with a transatlantic perspective. We are based in Frankfurt, in the heart of Europe and therefore have a special place in our heart for the local startup scene in the greater Rhine-Main Area.
We are aiming to bring you startups from all over Germany and a few from around the world. If you want to know more, please feel free to reach out.
The people behind startuprad.io
Joe – The commander in chief
Joern is a seasoned management consultant with almost a decade experience in the financial services industry. He started after high school with his national service as an EMT in the paramedic ambulance. He then went through vocational training in retail banking and studied in Germany, China, and the USA. He has an entrepreneurial spirit and was founder or co-founder of several ventures in Europe and one in China.
Press / Media Data / Mentions
Startuprad.io Key figures and facts
Startuprad.io has a very international audience, as of now (March 2018) our website has welcomed visits from 136 countries. At the end of 2017 the USA was by far the most important country for visitors to our website.
What others are writing about us
- During Easter, we made it again in the German and UK Top 100 Podcast Download-Charts
- Klout.com once again rates us as one of the global top 0.1% influencers on startups and venture capital
- We just got in the last 28 days more than 107k unique visitors on our YouTube channel
- We are honored to be nominated for the Global Fintech Awards.
- We got featured in Berlin Startups, with our February news.
- We started our media partnership with Arctic Startup with our interview of Maria from Accelerator Frankfurt.
- The Startuprad.io YouTube channel is showing exceptional growth. The one-year CAGR for our subscribers is a mind-blowing 215900.00% (as of February 15th).
- The Startuprad.io website is showing strong growth. The one-year CAGR is 152% for unique visitors (as of February 15th).
- berlinstartups.de did feature us as the headline story on January 24th with our interview of Get Penta.
- Analytics company Klout.com ranks Startuprad.io as one of the top 0.1% social media influencers on startups globally
- We started a new media cooperation with Gründermetropole (a German blog focused on the Berlin startup scene).
- Startuprad.io’s founder Jörn got quoted several times in an article in Business Life, the onboard magazine of British Airways, covering the Frankfurt startup hub.
- Startuprad.io made it one day in the UK Top 100 iTunes podcast download charts
- Geektime writes about our exclusive story with Deutsche Bank
- Startuprad.io placed 3 days in the German Top 100 iTunes podcast download charts
October: Startuprad.io is the only startup podcast from Germany EU-Startups.com considers “worth listening to”
February: Startuprad.io/Startupradio.de is a compulsive listening source for entrepreneurs and investors writes German VC Blog Investorenszene.de (German)